Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Living with a two year old.

You know how some days you just have a really good day?  Well, yesterday I had a really good day.  Abby was delightful, chatty, cuddly, and patient.  I vacuumed just about every vacuum-able surface in my home (whoa, nesting!).  Abby and I danced in the living room to some Gershwin in the morning, played pretend with her baby doll after I finished most of the vacuuming, did a little craft after lunch, and generally had a good time.  I still had energy by her nap time to finish some household chores and make a strawberry cake (seriously!).  Supper was almost on time.  It was a healthy salad and Jeremy enjoyed it.  And we got Abigail to bed on time.  I really needed a day that wasn't filled with exhaustion, temper tantrums (from Abby, not me), and mini crisis. Last week was so friggin exhausting and was filled with blood, bruises, and tears from the little one (I'm not beating her!  She has just suddenly become remarkably clumsy.  Growth spurt maybe?).  Jeremy is working 10 days straight this "week" for his job so to have a day where the pieces all just came together (yesterday was day 7) really gave me the boost I needed.  I mentioned to several people at church on Sunday that I would appreciate prayers for the rest of this week and I guess some people got on their knees on my behalf.  Thank you!

TODAY on the other hand is a different story (so, ummm, yeah keep praying for us)

We've only been up an hour and so far these are the things that have caused Abby to melt down into tears and wailing:
  • her door wouldn't close
  • she couldn't put her sock on
  • she wanted me to hold her
  • I held her
  • she wanted to bring a bulky toy down the stairs and I told her no (she brought it anyway when I wasn't looking)
  • she wanted oatmeal for breakfast
  • I gave her oatmeal for breakfast
  • it was too hot
  • I blew on the oatmeal
  • I offered her some juice
  • she wanted to watch the garbage truck instead of eat breakfast
  • she wanted to watch sesame street
  • sesame street took too long to set up on Netflix
  • no reason whatsoever
I guess she's making up for being so delightful and fun yesterday. Hoping the day goes uphill from here.

1 comment:

  1. she probably gets the clumsiness when she hangs out with her aunt

    ReplyDelete